Terms & Conditions
- Privacy & Confidentiality
I work as a Professional Organiser and as an APDO & FFPO member I’ve agreed to adopt each association’s code of ethics to guide my professional conduct with my clients, colleagues and the wider community. These codes of ethics imply that “I will keep all client information, both business and personal confidential”.
The only way in which your situation may be mentioned to others is in the context of my own services to serve as an example of how particular situations can be addressed. Of course these examples will always be depersonalised and unidentifiable. Your situation will be mentioned and you will be re referred to as “a client”.
Before & after photos: I like to put clients’ home photos on my portfolio’s website or on my social media to show examples of jobs which can be done. Your identity will always be kept anonymous. Of course I will only use your photos with your express permission (signature required on the back of this document).
Testimonials: I’d love to hear your feedback after the completion of the job. This will be put on my website or my social media, and only your first name or your initial will be mentioned. I will be grateful for any testimonial you can provide.
IDea for your space is covered by Public Liability & Professional Indemnity insurance with Westminster Insurance Ltd up to a value of £1 million.
- Best advice
Any advice I give is given in good faith but it is always your decision to accept any guidance I suggest and to keep or discard items. IDea for your space can’t accept responsibility for actions you may take based on my advice, or for any consequences of those actions. It is important that you acknowledge that I’m not qualified to advise on valuation matters.
- Handling goods
Although I take great care with clients’ possessions, accidents can happen and I rely on you to carry insurance that will adequately compensate you for loss or damage however caused whilst undergoing decluttering. IDea for your space will not be liable for loss or damage.
- Removal of items, recycling
IDea for your space is keen to promote recycling. So wherever possible I will suggest eco-friendly ways that clients can dispose of their unwanted items. This part of the process is usually undertaken by the client and is at her/his own discretion. However, if you would like me to do this for you by bringing your unwanted goods to a charity shop of your choice or to a reuse & recycling centre (please see fee which occurs on the back of this document).
- Limits of work
Whilst I work with you through the decluttering and reorganising process it may be necessary to do some minor cleaning but please be aware that IDea for your space does not offer a cleaning service as such. I can help you with minor cleaning throughout the decluttering and reorganising session but not with a complete/thorough cleaning session. In some cases it might not be possible for me to help you move overly large or heavy items due to Health and Safety reasons.
You have a duty of care to ensure that your premises are safe to work in, and you agree to disclose any circumstances which might put IDea for your space at risk as soon as you are aware of such circumstances.
- Hours of work
You will only be charged for hours actually spent in your home. As it is almost impossible to estimate the necessary number of hours upfront, I invoice each project on an hourly basis.
Both you and I have the right to cancel upcoming sessions due to unforeseen circumstances. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours of the booked session and no replacement session is booked, I may, at my discretion, charge 50% of the intended fee. Any expenses paid for in advance for which I can’t obtain refunds are not refundable in any circumstances and will be invoiced to you at the time of cancellation.
- Initial consultation (on-site): £35 for a decluttering/organising project / £50 for a storage solution design project (it usually lasts between 1h and 2h depending on the type of project).
- Hourly fees for on-site decluttering, re-organisation: £40 per hour. Evenings (after 6pm), weekends and Bank Holidays hours are charged at an additional £15 per hour above the standard rate.
- Hourly fees for virtual decluttering, re-organisation: £40 per hour. Evenings (after 6pm), weekends and Bank Holidays hours are charged at an additional £5 per hour above the standard rate.
- Fees for searching interior design / storage solutions: £50 per hour
- Fees for buying storage solutions for you: £35 per hour; the items bought for you will be invoiced at the buying cost (shop receipts provided).
- Fees for removing your unwanted belongings out of your home: 1 free drop of per project.
- I am not registered for VAT, so no further percentages will be added to your invoice.
- Travel time of up to 1 hour (round trip) is free of charge. For longer trips, I’ll need to charge you for time spent commuting, and petrol (£15 per hour).
- Parking fees may also apply depending on the different options for parking available in your area.
The invoice is payable at the end of each session or on a weekly basis. All payments should be made by BACS (Bank transfer) using the bank details shown on the invoice.
IDea for your space
Accepted & agreed to
Date: / /
Client’s agreement for using “Before” & “After” photos (tick the box): Yes No
Client’s print name: Client’s signature: